Inspiration Capital Partners (together with its affiliates and subsidiaries, “ICP,” or the “Firm”) is committed to investing in companies whose corporate practices are dedicated to increasing the general welfare of society. ICP recognizes its responsibility for the social impact of the invest capital, and ICP seeks to promote socially responsible goals. ICP believes it can reinforce the theme of social responsibility by identifying investment opportunities in companies that demonstrate a commitment to social responsibility and/or by establishing such a commitment in the companies in which it invests. As appropriate given the nature and context of each investment, ICP intends to adhere to the following general principles:
- Consider environmental, public health, safety, and social issues associated with target companies following procedures set out in the policy when evaluating whether to invest in a particular company or entity, as well as during the period of ownership.
- Develop detailed ESG management and monitoring plans that will be addressed in the post investment phase of every investment.
- Seek to grow and improve the companies in which they invest for long-term sustainability and to benefit multiple stakeholders, including on environmental, social and governance issues. To that end, ICP expects to work through appropriate governance structures (e.g. board of directors) with portfolio companies with respect to environmental, public health, safety, and social issues, with the goal of improving performance and minimizing adverse impacts in these areas.
- Seek to use governance structures that provide appropriate levels of oversight in the areas of audit, risk management and potential conflicts of interest and to implement compensation and other policies that align the interests of owners and management.
- Remain committed to compliance with applicable labor laws in the countries in which they invest; support the payment of competitive wages and benefits to employees; provide a safe and healthy workplace for its employees in conformance with national and local law; and, consistent with applicable law, respecting the rights of employees to decide whether or not to join a union and engage in collective bargaining.
- Maintain strict policies that prohibit bribery and other improper payments to public officials consistent with the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and similar laws in other countries.
- Respect the human rights of those affected by their investment activities and seek to confirm that their investments do not knowingly flow to companies that utilize child or forced labor or maintain discriminatory policies.
- Subject to applicable confidentiality obligations, provide information to existing investors upon request on the matters addressed herein, and work to foster transparency about their activities.
- Encourage their portfolio companies to advance these same principles in a way which is consistent with their fiduciary duties.